No Place Left > Design
Our No Place Left design page is a collection of resources to help your team celebrate the diversity of Jesus Christ’s kingdom and discover effective tools to help you map out each person’s leadership gifts, strengths, and high value activities. The fruit of embracing one another’s differences is a healthy, sustainable movement where diversely-gifted leaders have healthy expectations for each other.
APEST Gifts >
God personally created some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some shepherds and teachers for the training of the saints in the work of the ministry, to build up the body of Christ, until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of God’s Son, growing into a mature man with a stature measured by Jesus Christ’s fullness. (Ephesians 4:11-13)
Strengths & Weaknesses >
- Apostles – Strengths: visionary, recruiting, mobilizing, heart for the unreached, cross-cultural, risk-taking, APEST steward. Weaknesses: make people feel used, unbalanced zealousness for mission, lack of pastoral care, burning bridges.
- Prophets – Strengths: knowing God’s will, hearing God’s voice, leading others in prayer/worship, identifying spiritual gifts, modeling Christian freedom, discerning sin. Weaknesses: make people feel spiritually dead, unbalanced zealousness for morality, lack of gentleness.
- Evangelists – Strengths: Bold gospel preachers, consistent gospel sowing, gifted at conversations with strangers, love the lost, inviting repentance. Weaknesses: make people feel like failures, unbalanced zealousness for conversion, lack of patience.
- Shepherds – Strengths: counseling, encouragement, cultivating health, strengthening relationships, protecting others. Weaknesses: make people feel controlled, unbalanced zealousness for protection, lack of adventurous spirit, territorial.
- Teachers – Strengths: love for Scripture, commitment to gospel integrity, gifted truth communicators, training disciples in self-defense. Weaknesses: make people feel unknowledgeable, unbalanced zealousness for doctrine, lack of gentleness.
- Leaders: Throne, crown, and cloud – All Spirit-filled leaders are passionate for God.
- Apostle: Sailboat & water – Passionate for traveling and starting new ministries.
- Prophet: Burning fire – Passionate for God’s glory, intimacy, and deliverance.
- Evangelist: Sun & empty tomb – Passionate for lost people hearing the gospel today.
- Shepherd: Heart – Passionate for helping people and healing broken relationships.
- Teacher: Sword & shield – Passionate for God’s Word and equipping the saints.
APEST Roles Flow Chart >
APEST Network Activities >
Design Resources >
- APEST Overview Tool
- APEST Profile Apostle Tool
- APEST Profile Prophet Tool
- APEST Profile Evangelist Tool
- APEST Profile Shepherd Tool
- APEST Profile Teacher Tool